ILTERG (INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE TEACHER EDUCATION RESEARCH GROUP) Gazi University, with the faculty support from Boğaziçi University, Pomeranian University and Evora University, are pleased to announce the International Language Teacher Education Conference (ILTERG Conference hereafter) to be held from 08-10 April, 2019 in Antalya, TURKEY.
ILTERG Conference aims to bring together language teacher educators from all over the world who work in many different contexts to maximize opportunities for exchange and networking.
One of the main priorities of ILTERG Conference is to bring together research, theory, and best practices from all contexts of language teacher education. The conference also aims to contribute to English language teaching.
To this end, the conference program has been organized around two key themes: Language Teacher Education and English Language Teaching.
The ILTERG Conference will be funded by ILTERG Project (funded by the Turkish National Agency and Erasmus +) and therefore no conference fee will be taken .
265 participants from 20 different countries attended ILTERG Conference. Abstract Book, Conference Proceeding Book and sample photographs are below.
The multiplier event also hosted distinguished experts in the field as plenary speakers, who contributed to the impact of the multiplier event:
* Fiona Copland, Professor of TESOL at University of Stirling/ UK
* Steve Mann, Associate Professor at the Centre for Applied Linguistics at the University of Warwick/ UK
* Paul Kei Matsuda, Professor of English and Director of Second Language Writing at Arizona State University/ USA
* Gonca Ekşi, Professor at Gazi University/ Turkey
* Dinçay Köksal, Professor of ELT and Applied Linguistics at Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University/ Turkey
* Arif Sarıçoban, Professor at the Department of ELL at Selçuk University / Turkey
* Ali Fuad Selvi, Assistant Professor of TESOL and Applied Linguistics in, and the Chair of the Teaching English as a Foreign Language Program at Middle East Technical University, Northern Cyprus Campus.
The project outputs were shared with the plenary speakers as well.